P.E. St Georges Club

About P.E. St Georges Club

The Port Elizabeth Club was started in 1806 by a handful of successful businessmen wishing to play billiards for relaxation after business hours. A room was rented at the back of the Algoa Hotel which stood in Western Road opposite Trinder Vlei.

Soon, however, the increased membership forced a move to larger premises on the other side of the Vlei in Bird Street.

The Club continued to flourish and attract new members. Once more there arose the need for more space. This resulted in the ...

Show the whole text

12 BIRD STREET
Port Elizabeth

P.E. St Georges Club's previous events